Get involved in 2016!
Happy New Year to all our supporters and friends. Thank you so much for your interest in our work and for all your support in 2015, from those who took part in our Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge in June to the many individuals and businesses who donated food to keep our food bank well stocked for clients experiencing food poverty during the year.
2016 is again looking to be a busy year. We will be working hard to address the needs of local individuals and families in poverty, hardship or crisis and are also planning exciting activities to raise funds and awareness, including Poverty Action Week in January. We will also be celebrating our 140th birthday in May.
With your help we know we can make a real difference and help to change the lives of local people in desperate need during 2016 and there are so many ways, other than making a donation, that you can show your support and get involved.
- Supporting Poverty Action Week (25th – 31st Jan), including taking part in Wear A Funky Scarf Day on Friday 29th January (either as an individual or asking your place of work or child’s school to get involved)
- Joining us our one of our ‘Belly Full of Laughs’ evening’s, as part of Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival (4th and 11th Feb).
- Find out more about volunteering – from regularly helping out in our food bank to giving out leaflets for a one off event, we always need people with a bit of time they can lend to make a difference
- Taking part in a physical challenge. We are planning our activities for the year so if there is a personal ambition we can help you accomplish whilst also raising funds to help local people, please get in touch (parachute jump, mountain climb or half marathon anyone…?)
- Support us on Facebook and Twitter and share our posts. This may not seem like much but too few people are aware of the work we do and we really need to spread the word
- Tell others about our work. Could you nominate us for support at your place of work, or is an organisation with which you are involved looking for a charity partner?
- If you haven’t done so already, sign up for our newsletter. This will keep you in touch with our latest news (you can of course unsubscribe at any time / we won’t pass your details on to any third parties)
- Get in touch with your ideas and feedback. We really are interested in what you would like to see us do, how you think you can help or your views on our work.
Your support really does help to change lives – read about some of the people and families we have helped here – and we look forward to joining forces in 2016 and really making a difference – thank you.