Below you will find some instructions for the two most common email applications to help ensure you receive Charity Link emails in the future (whitelisting)
- Add the email address that is sending you the email (eg firstname.lastname@example.org ) to your Outlook.com ‘Contacts’
- Outlook.com will usually deliver email from addresses that are in your Contacts.
- Also add the address to ‘safe senders’. Click the cog icon in the top-right corner and then More mail settings. Select ‘Safe and Blocked senders’, then ‘Safe senders’. Add the domain of the email you want to ‘whitelist’ to the list of ‘Safe senders’. Return to Safe and blocked senders and then select Safe mailing lists.
- Add the email address of the URL you want to whitelist to the list of Safe mailing lists so in this case it is email@example.com
How to whitelist an email address with Gmail
Sign in to your account at gmail.com and do the following:
- Add the address to your contacts. Add the email address that is sending you emails (eg firstname.lastname@example.org) to your Gmail Contacts. Google will usually deliver email from addresses that are in your Contacts. Mark messages as ‘Not spam’.
- If Gmail has marked emails you wish to whiltelist as spam, tell Gmail the emails are not spam:
- In Gmail, navigate to the spam folder.
- Search for emails containing the domain you wish to whitelist – eg charity-link.org )
- Select all emails shown.
- Click More and then Not spam.
We hope this helps! Your own email provided should have instructions for whitelisting or making ‘safe senders’.