We are looking for a finance manager to join the team!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Manager to join the charity to lead on the day-to-day management of the financial operations.
More information below and the application pack can be found here.
Position: Finance Manager
Location: Leicester, with occasional travel within Leicestershire, Rutland, and Northamptonshire (hybrid and flexible working available)
Hours: Part-time, 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £40,000-£42,000 plus 6% pension (pro rata)
Benefits: Flexible working including partial remote working (after successful completion of the probationary/training period), competitive salary, 32 days’ annual leave (pro rata for part time roles) including Bank Holidays, pension scheme, car parking in Leicester City Centre
Closing Date: 6th February 2023
Interview Date: w/c 27th February 2023
As Finance Manager, you will lead on the day-to-day management of the financial operations, forecasting, financial planning and budgeting, working closely with the CEO. Providing reporting and assurance to the Board of Trustees and CEO with regard to the financial stability of the charity, you will deliver high quality and efficient financial accounting and management services
- Provide accurate, timely and actionable performance information
- Oversee the investment and treasury activity to maximise income
- Review, develop and deliver an efficient, transparent and clearly documented financial and management system, working alongside the CEO
- Overall performance management of the finance team
- Responsible for the IT systems within the finance function
- Statutory and Management Requirements
- Account management
- Staff Responsibilities
- General & Confidentiality
As Finance Manager, you will be qualified or significantly part-qualified CIMA/ACCA/equivalent with experience of working within accounts and financial management. You will be passionate about charity financial management with a commercially focused approach.
You will have:
- Sound knowledge and experience of leading and managing the audit process
- Thorough practical up-to-date understanding of management accounting principles and techniques
- In-depth knowledge and experience with payroll and pension processes and management systems for accounting functions
- Experience and skilled in providing periodic management accounts, year-end statutory group accounts and financial reporting
- Experience of contributing to the strategic, organisational and financial planning processes
- Excellent knowledge of IT, Excel and other MS Office applications and Sage 50 accounting software
- An understanding of data protection and confidentiality
- The ability to work under pressure on several projects at once to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of reporting standards and consolidation/group/accounting
- Excellent communication skills, specifically around financial information
- An understanding of the VAT rules as they apply to charities
To fulfil the role, you must have the right to work in the U.K.
About the Organisation
We believe that everyone deserves a standard of living, with a right to adequate food, shelter and the means to keep warm, clean and rested – no matter what difficulty they may be facing and helps to make a difference by finding funding to provide the essential items that everyone deserves.
As an equal opportunity employer, we would particularly welcome applications from people with an ethnic minority background or those with a disability, as they are currently underrepresented in the workforce.
You may also have experience in areas such as Finance Manager, Financial Manager, Finance Operations, Finance Lead, Management Accountant, Accountant, CIMA, ACCA, Qualified Accountant, Senior Finance Officer, Commercial Finance Manager, Charity Finance Manager, Assistant Finance Manager, Deputy Finance Manager, Finance Business Partner, Senior Finance Business Partner, Finance BP, Financial Controller.