**Please be assured we are open and able to receive your applications during the Coronavirus crisis**
We have implemented remote working, with only minimal staff within the office to comply with social distancing regulations and to protect the safety and well-being of our team.
We recommend that you use our online application form, as this does not need to be completed face-to-face with your clients. All details can be obtained over the phone and it has the advantage of not requiring a client’s signature.
Working with over 250 agencies and charities to support local people in need
If you are working with individuals or families who are experiencing hardship in Leicester, Leicestershire, Rutland or Northamptonshire, then please get in touch to see if we may be able to help. We provide essential items, such as clothing, beds, furniture, medical and mobility equipment and, in emergencies, assistance with food to those in need.
Each year we help over 5,000 vulnerable people and children by working with organisations in the community to ensure that we get help to those who need it when they need it. Where there is a crisis or immediate need, for example in cases of domestic violence or those facing homelessness, we are able to act quickly.
We help by providing essential household goods which improve quality of life, food vouchers, and, on occasions, small amounts of cash on a weekly basis or grants for utilities for those who have, for one reason or another, slipped through the system.
Please click here for a Charity Link information pack which contains all the information that you need to access help for your service users. You can also call our friendly Casework team on 0116 222 2200 with questions or advice prior to making a request on behalf of a client.
You can access our service by applying online (Please note that our online form is kindly hosted by Northamptonshire County Council. The form can be used by all referrers, whether you are based in Leicester, Leicestershire, Rutland or Northamptonshire). We have recently updated our online application form which we hope you will find the new form an improvement on the old one. Your feedback on the new form would be appreciated and help us improve it in future. Please email email@example.com with any comments or suggestions for changes to the form.
Alternatively you can also complete one of our application forms.
Please remember to consult the guidelines before you complete each section, as the more comprehensive and accurate the information, the more likely it will be that we can help your service users.
We aim to help within 20 days, if the need is urgent we can help the same day so please call us immediately on: 0116 222 2200.
If you would like further information then please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0116 222 2200 or write to us at Charity Link, 20a Millstone Lane, Leicester LE1 5JN
Did you know…?
- The majority of applications we receive are from supporting agencies and professionals working with those in need (rather than direct from clients). We believe this is the most efficient way to get help to those who need it.
- You can make an application on a client’s behalf via our online form – or, if you prefer, you can post or email a hardcopy back to us.
- We can usually process an application for support in 7-10 days and in urgent cases, we can help the same day.
- We access applications based upon household income, and therefore whilst the majority of the applications we receive are for people on benefits, we do also help people who are working in part-time or low paid jobs.
- If an individual or family needs additional support, we can consider repeat applications if the previous support was provided 12 months+ previous.
“I have been very impressed with how easy it was to make an application to yourselves and the fact that you found a fund especially for her specific circumstance, I think your service is excellent and I look forward to working with you again in the future!”. (Recent referrer).
Promote our services to your colleagues
Please also click here to download a poster to promote our service to your colleagues.